Pagine

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lethargy is over


Some months are over.
They were a difficult period . I had not any time , I had not any will to write anything.
I think to the last 7 months as my period of lethargy .
I found myself sleepy and energizing- less
As my Nelly cat in this picture (maybe beacuse she is falling in love ... )



 

And also the old tree is sleeping right now

 



The spring is almost coming . 
It is time to wake up and what is better than some garden activity ?
Near my place , in a small village called STIGLIANO a group of nice people organize events and activities to help people to know better and love the NATURE.
This cultural association is called LA BOTTEGA DI STIGLIANO and in addiction to activities they set up a shop, that kind of shop we call here A FILIERA CORTA , which means "from the closest farmers".
There is also a bar + a restaurant which can be asked even for VEGAN MEALS (my last passion)


 
HERE THERE IS THE FLIER

 

 

La Bottega di Stigliano è uno spazio innovativo
dedicato all'alimentazione e all'agricoltura di qualità,
un luogo multifunzionale dove fare la spesa
acquistando direttamente dal produttore,
assaporare piatti a "Km 0"
e partecipare ad iniziative culturali
per approfondire il legame tra ciò che consumiamo
e l'ambiente in cui viviamo.

L'obiettivo della bottega è sostenere il consumo
e la produzione di cibi locali
come elemento centrale della qualità della nostra vita
e dello sviluppo del nostro territorio.

 

 

 

In any case, last Saturday the meeting was about ROSES, with the title of
ROSE : CHE PASSIONE !!
The guest speaker was Mr. SANDRO DI MARE, who is a LANDSCAPE consulting .
The meeting lasted about 2 hours and half .
I learnt
  • how to plant these bushes (which are perennial plants with more than one hundred different kinds of species).
  • How to wet, compost and prune them.
I learnt that one of the most beautiful roses bush I have is called ICERBERG ROSE.
I learnt that ICEBERG belongs to FLORIBUNDA group (which is an hybrid between TEA and POLYANTHA)
It is a very energy rose bush which can resist against illnesses which normally hit roses plant. The flowering can repeat from spring to winter.
White flowers in clustering shape and light green foliage give a very elegant look to this beautiful plant.

ICEBER ROSES

 

No comments:

Post a Comment